03 April 2007

El Chavo del 8


El Chavo del 8
Originally uploaded by irvmark.
This is like a pop icon in Mexico. The show was a huge hit when it first aired. I remember watching as a child in the late 70s and early 80s.

I remember playing outside all day and when 7:00 pm came around I raced my brother to the living room and pick my spot on the floor to watch the program.

My dad was a great moderator because he would ask us questions about the story. He always tried to make us critical thinkers.

As I grew up I learned that the show had gained international fame. A couple of my Navy friends from Colombia, Bogota and Cartegena, also told me about how their show was also one of their favorites growing up.

Its good to know that even though production of the show has stopped, many channels still air reruns of it.

No comments: